Friday, July 17, 2009

A quick update

This is one of those times when things are running so smoothly... that I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop... Did I describe myself an optimist? Well, yes, I usually am. But the order of my universe usually does not lend itself to smooth roads. My roads tend to have mucky stretches and grassy ones, hiding stones and potholes and ice patches along the way. So, the moment it comes to my notice that I've had a week of rather smooth sailing - my frown comes out, my suspicions go on high alert, and I'm waiting for the current reigning deity to start showering some ice showers down my collar... :P But hey, if it does not come to that - I will be more than happy!

I saw one raven, then two, then three, and now I think I set my eyes on about five! Umm... I don't remember the rhyme past "three for letter" so I do not think I'm going to assign any supernatural significance to my raven sightings.

Uh oh - did I just ask for trouble? :P This weekend has been taken over by trekking plans. We go to Shingani Gudda and Arasinkere. There is to be a nice climb over the charmadi range(in apparently rainy, leechy conditions *shudder*) and a night walk through the jungle. There will be tented accomodations and sleeping bags and fun minus the luxury and comfort that normal human beings are used to. There are also plans for a river walk (literally walking along the river bed in water) and some other understated activities (which have me going hmmmm). The group going turns out to be 31 people strong and a couple more friends would like to join as well. I hope BMC is nice enough to accomodate them.

I have been wanting to go on a trek for such a long time, that this almost comes as something of an anticlimax. Ok, I wouldn't go that far. I'm excessively excited about this! And hopefully, I can make this a regular part of my weekends... :) I hope the smooth sailing continues this weekend!

Merry meet and merry part till we merry meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment