Monday, June 21, 2010

Ambitious overturn of laziness

Well, it all started off with me realizing the tires around my tummy were getting the better of said tummy :P So, shall we say, I bowed my head to the lords/ladies of weight loss and decided to do something about it. However, as is well known to the general public, thinking about doing something and actually doing something are totally different. Getting back to the main storyline... I had Made my Decision to start an exercise program a while back. I started slow, some 15 to 20 minutes of yoga in the morning to start off with, because even the thought of getting up earlier than that made me just want to stay back in bed. The difference I felt, versus being a couch potato all through as it had been before, was enormous. I felt stretched, lithe and energetic. I felt a lot more inclined to walk in the sunlight rather than squint through it and grunt. However, sadly, my fitness levels were still not up to anywhere close to the mark. A recent over-enthusiastic bout of exercise caused a state of irritable cramps, tension headaches, and sleeplessness. I had to literally wake up at 3am, take a hot shower and 2 paracetamols before I reached a state of enough relaxation that I was capable of sleep. I had to do some rather heavy duty stretches while in the shower before my toes would uncramp enough to enjoy the hot water. In the past, I really did not prescribe to a serious exercise regimen as most would describe it. All I did was an hour of serious yoga everyday. During that period, I had been on a trek of 2 days and may I say, I did NOT face this sort of pain. So, surprisingly, satisfyingly, I find that yoga is absolutely amazing!!! And I am so much more enthusiastic about going back to my old routine of an hour of yoga a day. But yes, I did not do anything remotely resembling exercise today. It was hard enough to drag my eyelids up, shower again and show up at work with a very sorry approximation of enthusiasm for another monday.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment